Once again, the prestigious Hostplus Hospitality Scholarship is back and ready to offer one lucky winner a unique opportunity to accelerate their development in their profession.
About the scholarship:
The scholarship award is facilitated by Melbourne Food & Wine Festival through its host networks, and the winner’s work experience will be tailored to their professional interests – from paddock to kitchen, cellar to dining room and everywhere in between. Past finalists include not only chefs, servers and managers, but also young professionals in coffee, butchery, wine and other aspects of hospitality.
This year the prize includes:
- 1 x five-day work experience in Australia
- Up to $1,500 for flights
- Up to $1,750 for accommodation
- $1,000 in cash
- Up to $5,000 to be spent on professional development or training with an agreed and approved training provider, or on professional tools, kitchen equipment or similar goods to advance professional development
- $500 tickets to attend MFWF events in 2023
- The scholarship winner will also be paired with a local industry leader for a one-year mentorship to broaden their industry experience and connections in their chosen field.
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Demonstrate ambition and a drive to succeed in the hospitality industry;
- Are highly qualified and competent in a specific discipline of the hospitality industry;
- Demonstrate leadership with the potential to shape the future of the hospitality industry;
- Act professionally and be willing to share skills and knowledge with others
- Have an understanding and willingness to communicate in the digital space
Applications for the Hostplus Host Fellowship are now open and will close on Monday, June 27.
#thatsaplus #hostplus #MFWF